PDI strives to be a leader in the tax industry. Our users look to us as source of information for all things related to this industry. We have created this page to keep you updated on the latest news in Federal and State Tax Filing, as well as up to date information on the PDI family of software.
Starting the first quarter of 2013 PDI has added Unemployment Insurance Compliance Forms for Connecticut, Kentucky, and Colorado. Efiling is included, as is our specialized importing. We currently are able to import multiple formats including csv, excel, mmref and xml. If your write up software exports a different format let us know and we’ll work to add it!
We continue to add more forms and states as requested. Let us know which forms you need in your business.
Please Click Here to update your indirect efile Interchange Software.
Direct filers must contact our office at (772)337-2921 for the most current release.
PDI is excited to introduce the launch of www.SAXTAX-online.com ! SAXTAX-Online currently offers the Florida Tangible (DR-405), Sales Tax (DR-15), and Unemployment (UCT-6) Forms. Visit SAXTAX-Online today and see how you can quickly and easily access all your information online.
Software Release Dates
SAXTAX Payroll Software is released. This edition will include all 2014 payroll forms: FL RT-6, GA DOL-4, 941.
Release Date: March 28th, 2014
Remember to enter your new tax rate once you have installed this update!
SAXTAX Software is set to be released. This edition will include all programs (except the 2013 payroll forms)
2013 year-end payroll forms (940, W2’s,1099’s) will be released as well.
efile Interchange transmission Software is set to be released.
Release Date: January 10th, 2014
Please note: The 2014 Payroll forms are released much later by the IRS and the states. Therefore, these forms are released at the very beginning of the 2014 first quarter filing.
The 2014 SAXTAX Early Edition Software has been released on December 3rd, 2013. This early edition will give you the ability to print organizers for your Florida and Georgia Tangible and 1040 clients and start to input any new assets into the Florida Tangible Program. All other programs (excluding 2014 payroll) will be released early January 2014.
The IRS has announced changes to efiling requirements starting from the 2011 tax year. Any preparer who files more than 10 returns total will be required to apply for an EFIN. Please Click Here to read the IRS article.
New IRS regulations require all paid tax return preparers to obtain a PTIN. The PTIN is required to be renewed annually for a cost of $64.25. Please Click Here for details.
EFILING BEGINS JANUARY 21st, 2013!!!!!!
IRS Drain Times
Please Click Here for the 1040 drain times.
January 23, 2011 – February 29, 2012 One (1) Drain – 7:00 p.m. Central Time
Monday – Saturday Match 1, 2012 – April 30, 2012 Two (2) Drains – 1:00p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Central Time
Monday – Friday May1, 2012 – October 20, 2012 one (1) Drain – 7:00 p.m. Central Time
1120, 1120S, 1065
There is no set drain time for these returns. The IRS processes these acknowledgements continuously throughout the day.
The Florida Department of Revenue has made changes for the Florida Corporate Income Tax returns. The FL DOR has increased the exemption for the F-1120 to $25,000 starting for 2012. Click Here for more information.
We work with several banks to offer bank product options to your client. If you are interested in learning more visit the websites below:To stay up to date with new state new please visit their websites below:
River City Bank have opened enrollment for the upcoming tax season. To apply with River City Bank, Click Here.
Enrollment generally closes prior to the startup of the tax season. If you are interested in providing bank products, sign up as soon as possible to ensure a spot with your desired bank
It is always suggested to submit your return at least one day prior to the due date to ensure the file is received and accepted by the IRS or DOR.
Individual Tax Returns:
The due date is April 15th.
FL Sales Tax (DR-15):
- If a payment is being transmitted with the return you must complete the initiation of your payment before 4:30 PM the business day prior to the 20th of that month.
- If the payment has been made or no remittance is due then the return must be submitted by the 20th of that month by 4:30 PM. If the 20th falls on a weekend then the due date would be that following Monday.
FL Unemployment Tax (UCT-6):
- If a payment is being transmitted with the return you must complete the initiation of your payment before 4:30 PM the business day prior to the last day of that month.
- If the payment has been made or no remittance is due then the return must be submitted by the last day of that month by 4:30 PM. If the last day falls on a weekend then the due date would be that following Monday.
For FL Sales & Unemployment Tax: If the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, the returns will be due the following business day.
FL Tangible Tax (DR-405)
- FL Tangible Returns are due on April 1st. You may file and extension which would give you up to an additional 6 months. This would result in an extended due date of October 1st.
FL Corporate Tax (F-1120):
- Due date varies depending on the year end date. Due date falls on the 15th three months after the year end date. You may file and extension which would give you up to an additional 6 months.
Please see the link below for the deadline dates for all Florida return types:
GA Unemployment Tax (DOL-4): Same as above
GA Tangible Tax (PT-50): Same as above
GA Sales Tax (ST-3): Same as above