1. How does the $25,000 exemption passed on January 29, 2008 affect my clients?
File your return by April 1, 2008 or the extended due date and this will be the application to receive the $25,000 Exemption. For
more information, Go to http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/sb4d.html to
read about how the amendment is being implemented.
2. I have an entry in red characters on the Property Schedules Screen. How do I open the detail schedule?
Entries in red indicate a direct entry or an override condition. Usually, a user chooses to enter a figure directly on the
Property Schedules Screen and attach a list of assets printed from some other source (like a spreadsheet).
This direct entry will transfer from prior years. To get into the detail schedule, you must first delete the direct entry. You should
then be able to use the magnifying glass icon to access the detail screen.
3. The Tangible always opens on the wrong county. Or, how do I set the default county?
Click the county magnifying glass icon to go into the county defaults setup screen. Set the desired county and mask as the
default county. Future new tangible returns should now automatically show the default county.
5. When I try to print or print preview, I get the error 'Invalid argument to date encode'. What should I do?
This problem is client specific (it does not happen with all clients). To correct it, close the Tangible Program so that you are at
the Program Manager Screen. Highlight the client and click the Edit Client Data button.
Check the Fiscal Year End field. It should have a month entered (not a '98 or '99), or it can be blank.
6. When I try to go into the Tangible Program for any client, the tangible form never loads and the screen is frozen. What
should I do?
This is very rare and is usually caused by a corrupt file named TDFLTS1.RND.
First, close SAXTAX completely. (On all workstations if using the Network version)
Second, use Windows Explorer or My Computer to delete the corrupt file from your program directory (C:\FLINT is the default directory).
Third, re-install your SAXTAX Tangible Program - this should give you a "fresh" version of the file. You should now be able to get into the Tangible Program.